As one of Canada’s busiest ports on the west coast, Vancouver is a melting pot for people of all ages and ethnicities, drawing visitors from all over the country and the world. Many of the city’s visitors are interested in learning a new language, and the city is home to a variety of renowned educational institutions, from small independent language schools to large, nationally recognized universities.
A wide range of English courses in Vancouver ensures that you’ll be able to find a class that meets your preferences and needs. As long as you’re planning to stay in the city for a few weeks or a few months, you’ll be able to improve your English. For short-term visitors to Vancouver, here are the Top 20 Best English Language Schools In Vancouver.
1. Language Studies International (LSI): Vancouver
LSI Vancouver is located on the first floor of a new office structure in downtown Vancouver. The Granville Entertainment District in Downtown Vancouver is full of young people’s bars and clubs with live music. The school is near bus, Seabus, and Skytrain stops, as well as major attractions.
LSI provides pleasant classrooms, a computer center with Internet access, self-study tools, and a student common space. English classes are designed to help students improve their speaking, listening, reading, writing, and skills. Visits to parks (Lighthouse Park, Lynn Canyon, Queen Elizabeth Park), professional sports (NHL Canucks and CFL Lions), and bar and restaurant outings are all on the school’s social schedule. Every month, excursions to Victoria or Whistler/Blackcomb are planned. Cycling, rafting, and hiking are summer activities. Winter sports include ice skating and skiing.
- Address: 101-808 Nelson Street Vancouver BC V6Z 2H2 Canada
- Phone: +44 (0)20 7467 6500
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: lsi.edu/en/schools/canada/learn-english-in-vancouver
2. International Language Academy of Canada Vancouver
ILAC is one of Canada’s most well-known English language schools.
ILAC has been providing international students with quality English programs, great customer service, fun social activities, and a vibrant environment for 20 years. Each of our freshly refurbished campuses (four in Toronto and four in Vancouver) has a lively learning environment.
Students can choose from ILAC’s many English programs for various levels and needs, including General English, Cambridge FCE, and CAE, Business English, TOEFL, and IELTS Exam Preparation.
A diverse student body is created at ILAC each year by thousands of students from over 75 nations.
ILAC has partnerships with over 70 Canadian post-secondary institutions and places over 1,000 graduates in colleges and universities. ILAC is a leader in university and college placements in Canada.
Worldwide recognition of ILAC’s devotion to teaching English and customer service has resulted in numerous honors (ilac.com/awards/).
- Address: 688 W Hastings St, Vancouver, BC V6B 1P1, Canada
- Phone: +1 604-484-6660
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: ilac.com
3. DEA Canadian College
DEA Canadian College is located in North Vancouver, BC, in the Coastal Mountains.
We provide academic courses in ESL (General English), French, Spanish, and Farsi.
PTIB certifies and Languages Canada accredits DEA Canadian College.
We provide the TESOL Diploma, which is recognized by TESL Canada, to students who wish to begin teaching English and earn valuable teaching experience.
IELTS, TOEFL, CELPIP, and Cambridge Exam Preparation Courses as well as Business English are taught in a personal and modern learning atmosphere to ensure an academic achievement.
DEA Canadian College has trained teachers who will assist students explore and uncovering their skills. We are friendly and supportive. Let’s get started!
- Address: 700 Marine Dr #160, North Vancouver, BC V7M 1H3, Canada
- Phone: +1 604-770-4659
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: deacollege.ca
4. GEOS Languages Plus Vancouver
Administrative staff and teachers at GEOS Vancouver are committed to providing you with the best possible experience throughout your entire stay in our beautiful city: from the time we first hear from you to your choice of courses, accommodation options, and visa questions to your arrival at the airport and your first day of school. We exist to help you achieve your educational and personal goals.
- Address: 568 Seymour St, Vancouver, BC J4Y 0B5, Canada
- Phone: +1 604-684-6407
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: geosvancouver.com
5. International House Vancouver
IH Vancouver is located in the heart of Vancouver’s creative and artistic district, so from the moment you walk through our doors, you’ll feel perfectly at home. Our professors and staff are all extremely driven and dedicated to making your time in Vancouver a memorable one, and they all contribute to making your stay and learning experience here an unforgettable one. Immerse yourself in this cosmopolitan and youthful town nestled in the breathtaking “sea to sky” landscape. As a bonus, you’ll have access to a large range of extracurricular activities, allowing you to meet new people and see the beauty of Vancouver.
- Address: 88 W Pender St #2001, Vancouver, BC V6B 6N8, Canada
- Phone: +1 604-739-9836
- Website: languages-vancouver.com
6. Languages Across Borders
An award-winning, highly respected language school in trendy Yaletown, Vancouver’s downtown area, is now called Languages Across Borders (LAB), formerly known as CSLI. For more than two decades, LAB Vancouver, a Canadian-owned and run English language school, has served students from more than 103 countries, bridging the language divide. There is a wide range of English courses available at LAB Vancouver, all of which aim to provide students with a good mix of academic and conversational English skills.
Students benefit from an engaging teaching style and a wide range of activities and social events from highly qualified teachers. To help students succeed academically and socially, Vancouver’s dedicated faculty and staff foster an inclusive learning environment. Our ultimate goal is to provide a comfortable and familiar environment for our guests. Find out why our program is so sought after by taking a free trial lesson.
- Address: 2665 Renfrew Street Vancouver, British Columbia V5M 0A7 CANADA
- Phone: +1 604 683-2754
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: languagesacrossborders.com
7. VGC International College
VGC International College has just been named the Best Language School in Vancouver for the past 15 years of academic success. Over the years, our university has been home to thousands of students from more than 75 different nations. There is a great deal of pride taken in the school’s reputation for providing an excellent educational environment where students can attain their full academic potential under the guidance of dedicated instructors who are experts in their fields. VGC has two campuses in the center of downtown Vancouver, one for the School of English Language and the other for the School of International Business. There is a wide range of options for kids who want to improve their English skills, including general English, university preparatory, IELTS, TOEFL, and Cambridge preparation, and Summer Teen Experience. With the same high academic standards, VGC’s business programs include a six-month and one-year diploma (with and without cooperative education), a four-week certificate in business, and two weeks of intensive seminars in business.
- Address: Hastings Campus: 411 West Hastings Street | Vancouver, BC, V6B 1L4 | Canada / Granville Campus: 535 Granville Street | Vancouver BC, V6C 1X6 | Canada
- Phone: +1.604.688.9057
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: vgc.ca
8. St. George International College
General English, Business English, and English for Professionals are just a few of the programs offered at this Vancouver location of a well-known language school. Students in comprehensive programs must practice all reading, writing, listening, and speaking in English regularly, or there are alternative options for individuals who choose to learn at a slower, less demanding pace. With a cafeteria with kitchenettes, a coffee machine, and a ‘party area’ dedicated to students, the school’s well-equipped campus is an ideal place to study and socialize. Every day, a wide range of extracurricular activities are organized for after school.
- Address: 605 Robson St #200, Vancouver, BC V6B 5J3, Canada
- Phone: +16046050220
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: sgiccanada.com
9. Pera College
In the heart of downtown Vancouver, Pera College is a modern and welcoming place to attend school. With a large variety of courses and start dates, you should be able to find one that works with your schedule in Vancouver if you’re short on time. It contains 15 hours of integrated English courses in the morning, and 10 hours of skill-building classes in the afternoon, and is meant to help you enhance your overall English competence by focusing on specific language abilities. Short-term travel-study programs are also offered for middle and high-school students who want to develop basic language skills. A wide range of business and management-related courses are also available. Small class sizes and a hands-on approach to teaching emphasize listening, speaking, reading, and writing abilities to ensure that all students receive adequate attention and instruction. Many after-school activities are available for children to participate in as well as ongoing tutoring, troubleshooting, and student advisory meetings.
- Address: 1520 Pemberton Ave, North Vancouver, BC V7P 2S2, Canada
- Phone: +1 604-770-4504
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: peracollege.ca/index.php
10. English Prism Language Center
- Address: 935 Marine Dr, West Vancouver, BC V7T 1A7, Canada
- Phone: +16725145125
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: prismlanguage.co/home
11. EngEdge International College
- Address: 2030 Marine Dr #400, North Vancouver, BC V7P 1V7, Canada
- Phone: +16047704277
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: engedge.com
12. EC Vancouver English Language School
- Address: 570 Dunsmuir St Suite 200, Vancouver, BC V6B 1Y1, Canada
- Phone: +16046831199
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: ecenglish.com/en/school-locations/canada/learn-english-in-vancouver
13. Global College
- Address: 1199 W Pender St, Vancouver, BC V6E 2R1, Canada
- Phone: +16046691603
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: gcc-canada.com
14. Kaplan International Languages – Vancouver
- Address: 755 Burrard St #300, Vancouver, BC V6Z 1X6, Canada
- Phone: +16046888330
- Website: kaplaninternational.com/canada/vancouver/english-school-vancouver
15. Vancouver International College of English
- Address: 549 Howe St 2nd Floor, Vancouver, BC V6C 2C2, Canada
- Phone: +16048938423
- Website: vicenglish.com
16. VIP English Academy
- Address: 535 Howe St #303, Vancouver, BC V6C 2Z4, Canada
- Phone: +16046086900
17. ILIA English Academy
- Address: 1281 W Georgia St #610, Vancouver, BC V6E 3J7, Canada
- Phone: +17789294121
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: iliaenglish.ca
18. ETC English Training Centre
- Address: 1328 W Pender St, Vancouver, BC V6Z 1E4, Canada
- Phone: +16043067102
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: etcvancouver.ca
19. Vancouver TESOL Training Center- VTTC
- Address: 132 14th St E #100, North Vancouver, BC V7L 2N3, Canada
- Phone: +16045185748
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: vttcenter.ca
20. Gastown International Language Academy
- Address: 342 Water St Unit B, Vancouver, BC V6B 1B6, Canada
- Phone: +16043304452
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: gilaesl.com