A great intro video from the Centre for Social Innovation on the Toronto Cyclists Union
|Get the Flash Video|
The Bike Union has released their first Annual Report!
Highlights from the past year:
- Hired an Executive Director to work full time for cycling issues
- Partnered with the City to offer a standing-room only, exceptionally well received 1st annual Toronto Bike Awards
- Partnered with the Transportation department on the West End Bikeways strategy that engaged local citizens to propose cycling improvements to a portion of the city that was overlooked in the bike plan — set for implementation in 2009–10
- Worked with local groups and City Councillors to ensure implementation of the bike plan and specific wins on Annette Street and the first steps on Jarvis Street
- Developed a Valet Bike Parking service for events
- Established ourselves as the positive and authoritative voice for cyclists in local media, with over 100 media hits to date
- Begun to catalyze ward based cycling advocacy teams to work with their City Councillors to raise the profile of cycling, and the local needs of cyclists
- Received over $40,000 in grant money from the Toronto Community Foundation and LiveGreen Toronto to develop printed materials to encourage cycling for Toronto newcomers in partnership with Culturelink
You must log in to post.