The newly-constructed Toronto 2015 Pan American Village will be located at the heart of the Games on an 80-acre site next to the Don River in Toronto’s waterfront district. The Village will be the Games-time home for up to 8,500 athletes and team officials, and will incorporate a full range of conveniences and amenities. Located just east of downtown Toronto, the Village is within 45 minutes of almost all Games venues and less than 25 minutes from the airport. All Village facilities in use during the Parapan American Games will be fully accessible and provide a barrier-free environment.
Construction of supporting infrastructure is already well underway, ensuring that the Pan American Village will be ready for the Games.
* Toronto 2015 will create designs, policies and practices that respect the traditions, cultures, abilities, languages and cuisines of all residents.
* The Village will meet the requirements of the IOC’s Technical Manual on Olympic Village.
* It will meet LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Gold certification standards.
* The secure perimeter of the Village will enclose an 18-acre park featuring running and cycling trails, a recreation/fitness centre, a 400m track and a 50m pool.
* 24-hour service will be available throughout the Village.
* A large transport mall and accreditation services will maximize convenience for athletes and officials.
* The Village Polyclinic will offer a full range of health care services and professionals.
* The Village manager will be a senior member of the Toronto 2015 staff with direct experience in managing a village in a multi-sport games environment.
* The Village will be a safe environment for all residents and visitors.
* After the Games, the Village will become a diverse and sustainable residential and mixed-use development that offers affordable housing on a previously underutilized site.
18 km Cycling Trail as part of Waterfront Development for Pan-Am Games in Toronto
November 7, 2009 by 1 Comment