Happy New Year everyone!
I decided to go look at the last year in Biking Toronto site and social media stats. This may only be interesting to me.
Next week, on January 12th, Biking Toronto will be 11 (!) years old!
- Since 2006, there have been an amazing 7,367 blog posts on Biking Toronto!
- 527 of these posts were posted in 2016, or about 1.5 per day, on average.
- Since 2006, Biking Toronto has had roughly 1.7 million pageviews. Woah!
- ~150,000 of these page views came in 2016, or about 400 per day, on average. This number goes way up between May and October, for obvious reasons. Everyone wants to bike when the weather is perfect.
Social Media stats:
Many many years ago, I realized that websites and blogs were really becoming secondary to social media for content. If Biking Toronto wanted to help Torontonians be up to date on what was happening with bikes, I had to get content (not just Biking Toronto content, but content from everywhere) on facebook, and twitter, and most recently Instagram.
It means less traffic to the Biking Toronto website, but more traffic and awareness on social media.
- The Biking Toronto Facebook page currently has 3,255 Likes
- In 2016, individual posts on the page received 3,065 likes, were shared 841 times, and received 329 comments
The Biking Toronto Facebook Group started blowing up this year, and I have my co-admins Todd Tyrtle and Sylvia Slaughter to thank for this – they add great content and are gentle but strict moderators when it comes to spam and abusive behaviour.
- The Biking Toronto Facebook Group currently has 2,045 members
- In 2016, posts in the group received 4,621 likes, were shared an astonishing 6,623 times (!), and received 1,661 comments
- The Biking Toronto Twitter account currently has 24,623 followers. So close to 25K!
- In 2016, the @bikingtoronto account tweeted 1,269 times, was viewed 30,235 times, was mentioned 1,851 times, received 2,832 new followers, and the tweets received 1.9 million (!) impressions.
- Biking Toronto is still fairly new to instagram (follow it at @bikingtoronto !) but already has 1,105 posts and 4,121 followers!