A 69-year-old cyclist was killed when he was struck by a truck in a Mississauga intersection Friday morning.
Peel Regional Police say the man on the bike collided with the straight truck at Central Pkwy. and Mavis Rd. shortly after 8 a.m.
The truck driver, who was visibly distraught, remained at the scene.
“The cyclist was vital signs absent when paramedics arrived,” Const. Fiona Thivierge said at the scene Friday. “They worked on him as they rushed him to hospital but he was pronounced dead about an hour later.”
The victim’s name was not immediately released.
Explore more posts like this: newsRecommended Lights
NEWS: Elderly cyclist killed in Mississauga
August 15, 2014 by
Planet Bike Light Combo
Planet Bike 5 LED Tail Light
RECENT NEWS POSTS:
- DO IT! Take a survey; help Toronto plan cycling infrastructure
- OH YEAH! Cycle Toronto’s #BloorLovesBikes campaign is here and it’s awesome
- NEWS: Car Columnist has trouble remembering bicycle turn signals; bitches about it
- NEWS: Toronto cyclists are feeling the construction crunch
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Utility poles installed in middle of Queens Quay bike lane
- NEWS: Toronto cyclists have hearts of gold (still)
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Great new brickwork on Queens Quay multi-use path
- OH YEAH: 5 quick fixes that would bring cycling in T.O. into the 21st century
- HOW TO: Surviving city cycling
- NEWS: 5 myths about cyclists that drivers need to get over