From Vancouver. Let’s get this going in Toronto.
In the past six years, Vancouver’s Pacific Centre has added secure storage spaces for nearly 150 bikes. When 725 Granville, the latest addition to the three-block-long downtown office-shopping complex, is completed next year, another 88 secure spots will become available.
Safe bike parking, alongside lockers, showers and other “end-of-trip” amenities, is “a key feature for us to attract clients to the buildings,” says Ultan Kampff, general manager of the Pacific Centre, which is owned and managed by Cadillac Fairview.
- OH YEAH! Bike Share Toronto Hackathon & Design Jam
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Why College Street is Toronto cyclists’ ‘dooring zone’
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Improvements sought for 6 Lakeshore Blvd intersections
- INFRASTRUCTURE: The Adelaide bikelane painted buffer is going in
- INFRASTRUCTURE: What are the rules of the bike lane in Toronto?