In addition to being among the healthiest worker bees, commuters who cycle to work are also the happiest, according to a new research.
Maybe it’s because cyclists don’t need to deal with being pushed up against a stranger in a crowded subway car. Or have to deal with the stress of traffic and aggressive drivers. Maybe it’s because they arrive to work after a solid workout, ready to tackle their day.
For these and other reasons, those who biked to work reported being the happiest during their commute, compared to those who drive or take public transit.
NEWS: Want to arrive to work happy? Ride your bike!
June 4, 2014 by
Planet Bike Light Combo
Planet Bike 5 LED Tail Light
RECENT NEWS POSTS:
- OH YEAH! It’s time bike lanes were installed everywhere in Toronto
- NEWS: Province of Ontario announces $10 million in #CycleON funding
- NEWS: Hit and run kills cyclist in Milton
- VISION ZERO: A Road Safety Plan for Toronto
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Toronto wants you to plan the future of cycling
- NEWS: Nearby bikeshare station may raise your home’s value
- NEWS: Cyclist dead following 2-vehicle collision on Dufferin St.
- OH YEAH! The Viaduct bikelanes get MORE green paint!
- FACEPALM: City closes Hoskin bikelane for PanAm Games
- OH YEAH! The Bloor Viaduct bikelane gets some green paint