In addition to being among the healthiest worker bees, commuters who cycle to work are also the happiest, according to a new research.
Maybe it’s because cyclists don’t need to deal with being pushed up against a stranger in a crowded subway car. Or have to deal with the stress of traffic and aggressive drivers. Maybe it’s because they arrive to work after a solid workout, ready to tackle their day.
For these and other reasons, those who biked to work reported being the happiest during their commute, compared to those who drive or take public transit.
Explore more posts like this:Recommended Lights
NEWS: Want to arrive to work happy? Ride your bike!
June 4, 2014 by
Planet Bike Light Combo
Planet Bike 5 LED Tail Light
RECENT NEWS POSTS:
- OH YEAH: Prince Edward Viaduct may keep those Jersey Barriers for ALL of Bike Month!
- REVIEW: Bike to Work Day 2015
- NEWS: Should cyclists be allowed to ride through stop signs?
- OH YEAH: Rolling Youth into Toronto’s Bicycle Renaissance
- OH YEAH! Steamwhistle expands its network of bike repair stations
- NEWS: Why not make biking on sidewalks legal in the suburbs?
- EVENT – Fri, June 19: Welcome Back Queens Quay! Let’s Ride the Waterfront
- NEWS: Cyclist suffers serious injuries after being struck by vehicle in Rosedale
- NEWS: Bikes and cars: Where are cyclists allowed to ride?
- FACEPALM: TTC cuts bike rack spaces in half on some buses