In addition to being among the healthiest worker bees, commuters who cycle to work are also the happiest, according to a new research.
Maybe it’s because cyclists don’t need to deal with being pushed up against a stranger in a crowded subway car. Or have to deal with the stress of traffic and aggressive drivers. Maybe it’s because they arrive to work after a solid workout, ready to tackle their day.
For these and other reasons, those who biked to work reported being the happiest during their commute, compared to those who drive or take public transit.
NEWS: Want to arrive to work happy? Ride your bike!
June 4, 2014 by
Planet Bike Light Combo
Planet Bike 5 LED Tail Light
RECENT NEWS POSTS:
- INFRASTRUCTURE: College and Spadina under construction for most of April
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Being Hit by a Car and Vision Zero in Toronto
- NEWS: Women are the ‘indicator species’ for cycling safety
- NEWS: TTC’s new ‘bendy’ buses still without bicycle racks
- NEWS: Cycling: The great right-hand turn debate rages in Toronto
- NEWS: Should texting cyclists in Toronto be treated like distracted drivers?
- DEATH CAB: Toronto Cabbies to ILLEGALLY use Tablets instead of Radio Dispatch
- HELP WANTED: Hoopdriver Bicycles
- NEWS: Vaughan cycling group seeks bike space on proposed GTA West highway
- NEWS: Bikes included in re-development of Honest Ed’s property?