Monday is Bike to Work Day in the Greater Toronto Area.
The event has been going on for 25 years but this year, in conjunction, a new biking initiative is being launched to get children pedaling into physical fitness.
The Toronto District School Board (TDSB) will be launching its first Bike to School Day.
Explore more posts like this: newsRecommended Lights
NEWS: Why Toronto students might be biking to school on Monday
May 24, 2014 by
Planet Bike Light Combo
Planet Bike 5 LED Tail Light
RECENT NEWS POSTS:
- OH YEAH: Rolling Youth into Toronto’s Bicycle Renaissance
- OH YEAH! Steamwhistle expands its network of bike repair stations
- NEWS: Why not make biking on sidewalks legal in the suburbs?
- EVENT – Fri, June 19: Welcome Back Queens Quay! Let’s Ride the Waterfront
- NEWS: Cyclist suffers serious injuries after being struck by vehicle in Rosedale
- NEWS: Bikes and cars: Where are cyclists allowed to ride?
- FACEPALM: TTC cuts bike rack spaces in half on some buses
- NEWS: Toronto councillors pitch idea for cycling detours where bike routes are disrupted
- EVENT: Sat, May 16 – Free Tune-Ups at Tune Your Ride
- OH YEAH! Steamwhistle Brewery deploying bike repair stations across city (and the country)