Monday is Bike to Work Day in the Greater Toronto Area.
The event has been going on for 25 years but this year, in conjunction, a new biking initiative is being launched to get children pedaling into physical fitness.
The Toronto District School Board (TDSB) will be launching its first Bike to School Day.
NEWS: Why Toronto students might be biking to school on Monday
May 24, 2014 by
RECENT NEWS POSTS:
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Bloor bike lanes delayed, again
- HELP WANTED: 3 Bike Jobs at Evergreen
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Despite drivers supporting it, Tory ready to scrap Bay-Bloor pedestrian scramble
- Garbage truck wrecks posts along Wellesley Street bikelane
- NEWS: Community Bicycle Network Closes Space, to focus on Events and Rides
- DATA: Where Torontonians Bike and Run
- NEWS: Toronto cyclists rally behind pitch for lower speed limits
- NEWS: Toronto cyclists gear up for ‘coldest’ ride
- ELSEWHERE: London is building Europe’s longest bike superhighway
- NEWS: Charge withdrawn against man involved in collision with Toronto city councillor