Pardon my galactica, but holy frack, this is amazing. It’s for stuff like this that I’m proud to be a CycleToronto member, and recommend membership to everyone I know.
The City is redesigning the streetscape along Eglinton as part of the Eglinton Connects planning project. Amazingly, the City is recommending full, separated bike lanes for the entire length of Eglinton – from Jane St to Kennedy! Their staff report was presented to the Public Works and Infrastructure Committee on April 9, 2014, and it was approved unanimously!
More info: Bike Lanes on Eglinton! | Cycle Toronto.RECENT NEWS POSTS:
- NEWS: Cycle Toronto’s Ward 15 Group Launches
- OH YEAH: Join Bike Share Toronto’s Social Media Team
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Richmond and Adelaide being prepped for new bikelanes
- NEWS: Canada Post “apologizes” after telling cyclist to “go f-k yourself”, and it’s not nearly enough
- NEWS: Canada Post driver parks in bikelane, tells cyclist recording it to “go f–k yourself!”
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Toronto Hydro is leading by example
- INFRASTRUCTURE: After waiting a decade, cyclists are taking new bike lanes in style
- INFRASTRUCTURE: The thrills of Toronto’s new Sunnyside Bike Park
- 14 Reasons Why Every Bike Lane Needs To Be A Protected Bike Lane
- OH YEAH! Bike Share Toronto Hackathon & Design Jam