John Tory is obviously pandering to the FordNation vote in this muncipal election campaign. It’s idiotic. Why else would someone who used to chair the Toronto City Action Alliance (one of their vision statements is “people and goods moving easily, using efficient transit, roads and paths for walking and biking”) and advocated for things like Eglinton Connects now suddenly be against it and want “water taxis” to ease gridlock.
Cycle Toronto responds, beautifully:
Tory’s irresponsible proposal to cancel Eglinton Connects goes against strong support of the plan from schools, community groups, business improvement areas (2), school trustees (2) and residents’ associations, and many individuals who live, work or study near Eglinton. The project was even awarded Transportation Project of the Year Award from the Institute of Transport Engineers. Cycle Toronto fully supports the Eglinton Connects plan for its investment in 11km of protected bike lanes through midtown Toronto.
- NEWS: Cycle Toronto’s Ward 15 Group Launches
- OH YEAH: Join Bike Share Toronto’s Social Media Team
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Richmond and Adelaide being prepped for new bikelanes
- NEWS: Canada Post “apologizes” after telling cyclist to “go f-k yourself”, and it’s not nearly enough
- NEWS: Canada Post driver parks in bikelane, tells cyclist recording it to “go f–k yourself!”