How do you make an instant protected bike lane? Just add “armadillos”. “Armadillos” – named after the little road kill critter – are recycled plastic dividers that create a protected space for cycling. It’s just a small, gentle bump that reminds motorists to stay out of a protected bike lane. “They’r
INFRASTRUCTURE: Instant Protected Bike Lane? Just Add Armadillos
April 4, 2014 by
Planet Bike Light Combo
Planet Bike 5 LED Tail Light
RECENT INFRASTRUCTURE POSTS:
- INFRASTRUCTURE: What do you think of protected bike lanes?
- PUBLIC MEETING: Thurs, Apr 9 – Humber Bay Shores Park Trail Improvements
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Bike to Transit survey shows need for more bike infrastructure at GO stations
- INFRASTRUCTURE: How to build separated bike lanes properly
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Can Bike Lanes Connect Divided Communities?
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Protected intersections for Richmond Adelaide cycle track pilot project
- OH YEAH: Bike Host program helps newcomers get in gear in Toronto
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Can Protected Bike Lanes Help Close the Gender Gap in Cycling?
- INFRASTRUCTURE: College and Spadina under construction for most of April
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Hamilton Bike Share Officially Launches