Drop in and let them know that bikes belong. There is NOTHING in the plans as far as cycling infrastructure is concerned!
A public drop-in event to learn more about the construction and beautification plans for Danforth Avenue, the construction schedule, what disruptions to expect and to speak directly with project staff.
Wednesday April 16, 2014
5:00 pm to 9:00 pm
2575 Danforth Avenue
(Use entrance east of Barrington Ave)
For a copy of the public notice, including maps and the scope of the work please click here.
Danforth Avenue Construction, Woodbine Avenue to Victoria Park Avenue
Expected Project Start Date: Early June 2014
Expected Completion Date: November 2014
The City of Toronto has scheduled watermain replacement, road and sidewalk reconstruction, paving and streetscape improvements on Danforth Avenue between Woodbine Avenue and Victoria Park Avenue. Various streetscaping elements are being implemented in cooperation with the Danforth Village Business Improvement Area (BIA). This work will bring the roadway up to a state of good repair, and beautify the street. This project is part of the Council approved 2014 Capital Works Program.
Construction Work includes:
• Sewer replacement on Danforth (Luttrell to Kelvin) and Luttrell Avenue
• Road reconstruction on Luttrell Avenue
• Resurfacing of Danforth Avenue (Woodbine to Barrington), Dawes (south of Danforth), and Kelvin Avenue
Streetscape improvements includes:
- New sidewalks with decorative paver edge along Danforth from Woodbine Avenue to Main Street, Dawes Road to Victoria Park
- Sidewalk reconstruction at localized areas between Main Street and Dawes Road
- Planting of new trees; some to include planting beds with decorative metal railings
- Greening opportunities at localized areas
- BIA installed pedestrian lighting