Wednesday was a frigid spring evening for Cycle Toronto – the city’s main cycling lobbying group by membership size – to hold its annual general meeting this past Wednesday. Over one hundred members arrived at The Round Event Space in Kensington Market on March 26 to vote for some new board members and pass bylaw amendments. There were more amendments this year than usual, and several of the governance issues being questioned caused heated debate.
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Richmond and Adelaide being prepped for new bikelanes
- NEWS: Canada Post “apologizes” after telling cyclist to “go f-k yourself”, and it’s not nearly enough
- NEWS: Canada Post driver parks in bikelane, tells cyclist recording it to “go f–k yourself!”
- NEWS: Bay Street gets a bikelane! (for one miserable block)
- OH YEAH! Is Bicycling a Form of Preventive Health Care?