How the first bicycle paths in the Netherlands got going (video) This month is the 100-year anniversary of a private “Cycle Path Society” still alive today. This group initiated the separated cycle paths that are so ubiquitous in the Netherlands. via Bikes feed
ELSEWHERE: How the first bicycle paths in the Netherlands got going
March 18, 2014 by
Planet Bike Light Combo
Planet Bike 5 LED Tail Light
RECENT NEWS POSTS:
- OH YEAH! Ontario approves tougher distracted driving penalties
- NEWS: Cyclist, 75, dies in hospital after being hit by vehicle in Rosedale
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Checking in on the Missing Annex Bike Lanes
- EVENT: Tues, June 2 – Fort York Pedestrian and Cycle Bridge Public Meeting
- BRAIN INJURY AWARENESS MONTH: A Sad Day for Ontario
- FACEPALM: Airport cyclist’s $2,500 wheels get tossed in the trash
- OH YEAH: Prince Edward Viaduct may keep those Jersey Barriers for ALL of Bike Month!
- REVIEW: Bike to Work Day 2015
- NEWS: Should cyclists be allowed to ride through stop signs?
- OH YEAH: Rolling Youth into Toronto’s Bicycle Renaissance