How the first bicycle paths in the Netherlands got going (video) This month is the 100-year anniversary of a private “Cycle Path Society” still alive today. This group initiated the separated cycle paths that are so ubiquitous in the Netherlands. via Bikes feed
ELSEWHERE: How the first bicycle paths in the Netherlands got going
March 18, 2014 by
Planet Bike Light Combo
Planet Bike 5 LED Tail Light
RECENT NEWS POSTS:
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Toronto wants you to plan the future of cycling
- NEWS: Nearby bikeshare station may raise your home’s value
- NEWS: Cyclist dead following 2-vehicle collision on Dufferin St.
- OH YEAH! The Viaduct bikelanes get MORE green paint!
- FACEPALM: City closes Hoskin bikelane for PanAm Games
- OH YEAH! The Bloor Viaduct bikelane gets some green paint
- OH YEAH! Flower-filled Planter Boxes on Simcoe’s Separated Cycle Tracks!
- OH YEAH! Toronto sets 30 km/h speed limit for downtown residential streets
- NEWS: Walking, biking the deadliest commutes in Toronto
- OH YEAH! 30 km/h limits likely for local downtown streets