The idea was first proposed in a staff report to the Public Works and Infrastructure Committee in January, but at the time councillors on the committee rejected it.
But when the report came before council late Thursday evening, members reversed the earlier decision, voting 23-17 to approve the report’s original recommendations. Most of council’s right wing, including Mayor Rob Ford, joined with a handful of leftists to pass the motion.
FAIL: E-scooters now legal in Toronto bike lanes
February 21, 2014 by
- Write the Public Works Committee about electric scooters in bike lanes.
- INFRASTRUCTURE: After waiting a decade, cyclists are taking new bike lanes in style
- 14 Reasons Why Every Bike Lane Needs To Be A Protected Bike Lane
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Why College Street is Toronto cyclists’ ‘dooring zone’
- INFRASTRUCTURE: The Adelaide bikelane painted buffer is going in
|comments powered by Disqus|