The idea was first proposed in a staff report to the Public Works and Infrastructure Committee in January, but at the time councillors on the committee rejected it.
But when the report came before council late Thursday evening, members reversed the earlier decision, voting 23-17 to approve the report’s original recommendations. Most of council’s right wing, including Mayor Rob Ford, joined with a handful of leftists to pass the motion.
FAIL: E-scooters now legal in Toronto bike lanes
February 21, 2014 by
- Write the Public Works Committee about electric scooters in bike lanes.
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Why College Street is Toronto cyclists’ ‘dooring zone’
- INFRASTRUCTURE: The Adelaide bikelane painted buffer is going in
- INFRASTRUCTURE: What are the rules of the bike lane in Toronto?
- INFRASTUCTURE: Adelaide Separated Lane gets “pre-marked” tonight
|comments powered by Disqus|