|comments powered by Disqus|
Photo of the Day: Toronto Bicyclists
January 27, 2014 by Joe T.
Most Popular Posts This Week
- OH YEAH! One cyclist's response to John Tory's "Sensible Bike Plan": Recently, mayoral candidate (and current frontrunner) John Tory released his "sensible bike plan", which looks like it's pretty close to Rob Ford's "bike plan" - namely... create infrastructure for bikes in the most inconvenient places possible so that not one car will be slowed down by one second, ever.
One Toronto cycling commuter made a graphic as a response to John Tory's plan:
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Wellesley-Hoskin Cycle Track being constructed:
Part of the work being done on the Hoskin and Wellesley bikelanes is making the transition between them better (and more bike-friendly). ¬†Construction is now well along on a curbed Cycle Track that brings cyclists around the edge of Queens Park.
Toronto's first CycleTrack with barrier curb being constructed on Queens Park, Wellesley-Hoskin
via Toronto Cycling on Twitter...
- INFRASTRUCTURE: This Yonge-401 Bypass Trail idea is amazing!: Well, this is pretty much GENIUS. ¬†A wonderful infrastructure idea from the CycleToronto Yonge Working Group that solves the problem of making safe cycling infrastructure in the Yonge and 401 area that also eliminates the descent into and crazy climb out of Hogg's Hollow.
More info here:¬†http://cycleto.ca/yonge
Yonge-401 Bypass Trail - Overview - YouTube....
- SHAME: Bike thief spotted near Bloor and Bathurst:
Potential bike thief spotted in the Bloor and Bathurst area.
Bike-riders, watch out for this guy. He was spotted trying to steal a bike in front of CSI Annex.
via emma woolley on Twitter...
- NEWS: #MinimumGrid - A model for protected-lane politics:
Very cool. ¬†Cycle Toronto's #MinimumGrid campaign makes it onto the People for Bikes¬†blog.
Almost all urban politicians will tell you they think bikes are great. But only some actually do anything to make biking more popular.
In Toronto's current mayoral and city council election, a new political campaign is focusing candidates on a transportation policy issue that actually matters: a prop...
- OH YEAH: Half-Price Niagara Bicycle and Wine Tasting Tours are back!:
Oh yeah. ¬†The half-price Niagara Winery Bike Tours are back on Buytopia. ¬†I bet biking in fall foilage and checking out all the ice wines is fun.
Discover the charm and beauty of Niagara-on-the-Lake while riding on a very leisurely bicycle ride
Stop at these award-winning wineries for structured wine tasting for all and an informative tour at one
Visit 5 premiere wineries on a fitted...
- PHOTO OF THE DAY: Traffic Squeeze:
Source: Original photo - by jer1961 on Flickr.
Traffic squeeze on Yonge Street, Toronto
See this and 7,000+ other amazing bike photos in the Biking Toronto Flickr Group.
- Cyclist struck, seriously injured at Shaw and Dundas:
A man in his 20s was taken to hospital with serious injuries after he was struck by a vehicle while riding his bike in the city‚Äôs west end.
It happened around 1:30 a.m. as the man was riding his bike at Dundas and Shaw streets.
More:¬†Cyclist struck, seriously injured in west end | CP24.com....
- ELSEWHERE: Pittsburgh's mayor wants to 'Copenhagenize' his city.:
As much as we wish that certain things which obviously make sense would happen all on their own, things don't always work that way, and it's often the case that leadership is the necessary ingredient for things to get going. This is on display in Pittsburgh, a city that has recently elected Bill Peduto as mayor. In his short time in office (less than a year), the very pro-walking, pro-bikin...
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Stickers being used for bikelane parking shaming:
Someone has started an instagram account about stickering cars parked in Toronto's bikelanes.
I hate bikelane parkers as much as everyone else, but is defacing property the way to respond? No.
Will update when I know more.
View:¬†iparkedinabikelane on Instagram....
RECENT PHOTO OF THE DAY POSTS:
- PHOTO OF THE DAY: Bathurst and Richmond
- PHOTO OF THE DAY: Kensington Bike
- PHOTO OF THE DAY: Traffic Squeeze
- PHOTO OF THE DAY: Cherry Blossoms
- PHOTO OF THE DAY: Morning Bicycle and Shadows
- PHOTO OF THE DAY: Look Back
- PHOTO OF THE DAY: I Have To Take This Call
- PHOTO OF THE DAY: Cruise Conrol III
- PHOTO OF THE DAY: Cycling Past 53
- PHOTO OF THE DAY: Toronto Public Library, College Street