|comments powered by Disqus|
Photo of the Day: Lansdowne Queen
December 31, 2013 by Joe T.
Most Popular Posts This Week
- OH YEAH! One cyclist's response to John Tory's "Sensible Bike Plan": Recently, mayoral candidate (and current frontrunner) John Tory released his "sensible bike plan", which looks like it's pretty close to Rob Ford's "bike plan" - namely... create infrastructure for bikes in the most inconvenient places possible so that not one car will be slowed down by one second, ever.
One Toronto cycling commuter made a graphic as a response to John Tory's plan:
- SHAME: Bike thief spotted near Bloor and Bathurst:
Potential bike thief spotted in the Bloor and Bathurst area.
Bike-riders, watch out for this guy. He was spotted trying to steal a bike in front of CSI Annex.
via emma woolley on Twitter...
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Stickers being used for bikelane parking shaming:
Someone has started an instagram account about stickering cars parked in Toronto's bikelanes.
I hate bikelane parkers as much as everyone else, but is defacing property the way to respond? No.
Will update when I know more.
View:¬†iparkedinabikelane on Instagram....
- Cyclist struck, seriously injured at Shaw and Dundas:
A man in his 20s was taken to hospital with serious injuries after he was struck by a vehicle while riding his bike in the city‚Äôs west end.
It happened around 1:30 a.m. as the man was riding his bike at Dundas and Shaw streets.
More:¬†Cyclist struck, seriously injured in west end | CP24.com....
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Danforth protected bikelanes with no loss of parking or car lanes:
I bike the Danforth twice a day. There is more than enough room for protected bikelanes WHILE maintaining current car traffic "flow" and parking. ¬†Plus it'll make the entire street safer for pedestrians / shoppers.
The Minimum Grid on Danforth (@Pape): maintains 4 rush hour lanes, off peak parking & includes protected bike lanes. Let's make protected bike lanes on Danforth a reality!
- INFRASTRUCTURE: This Yonge-401 Bypass Trail idea is amazing!: Well, this is pretty much GENIUS. ¬†A wonderful infrastructure idea from the CycleToronto Yonge Working Group that solves the problem of making safe cycling infrastructure in the Yonge and 401 area that also eliminates the descent into and crazy climb out of Hogg's Hollow.
More info here:¬†http://cycleto.ca/yonge
Yonge-401 Bypass Trail - Overview - YouTube....
- OH YEAH: Half-Price Niagara Bicycle and Wine Tasting Tours are back!:
Oh yeah. ¬†The half-price Niagara Winery Bike Tours are back on Buytopia. ¬†I bet biking in fall foilage and checking out all the ice wines is fun.
Discover the charm and beauty of Niagara-on-the-Lake while riding on a very leisurely bicycle ride
Stop at these award-winning wineries for structured wine tasting for all and an informative tour at one
Visit 5 premiere wineries on a fitted...
- Join (or Renew) with Cycle Toronto, Get Free Stuff and Win Prizes:
Biking Toronto has made a bit of revenue this year from ads and it is enough to get 100 shirts printed.I thought that a good way to decide who to give the shirts to would be to tie it in to people¬†joining or renewing their membership with CycleToronto via their Refer-A-Rider campaign.If you‚Äôre not familiar with all the great advocacy work Cycle Toronto does, check out their about page and t...
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Flex-post bollards now installed on Adelaide:
Awww yeah. ¬†Flex-post bollards on Adelaide. ¬†Let's get these on every bikelane.
Bollards now installed to Adelaide CycleTrack, Bathurst-Spadina
via Toronto Cycling on Twitter...
- FREE I Bike T.O. Shirts - 34 are gone, 66 are left. Get Yours!:
Biking Toronto¬†has made a bit of revenue this year from ads and it is enough to get 100 shirts printed.I thought that a good way to decide who to give the shirts to would be to tie it in to people¬†joining or renewing¬†their membership with¬†CycleToronto¬†via their¬†Refer-A-Rider campaign.If you‚Äôre not familiar with all the great advocacy work Cycle Toronto does,¬†check out their about pagean...
RECENT PHOTO OF THE DAY POSTS:
- PHOTO OF THE DAY: Cherry Blossoms
- PHOTO OF THE DAY: Morning Bicycle and Shadows
- PHOTO OF THE DAY: Look Back
- PHOTO OF THE DAY: I Have To Take This Call
- PHOTO OF THE DAY: Cruise Conrol III
- PHOTO OF THE DAY: Cycling Past 53
- PHOTO OF THE DAY: Toronto Public Library, College Street
- PHOTO OF THE DAY: Cycle bridge
- PHOTO OF THE DAY: Toronto Island Quadricycle
- PHOTO OF THE DAY: Good Morning!