Love the TTC? The crammed trains, the bunched up streetcars, the eternity of waiting for a bus when it’s -30? You pay for that “privilege”, and pretty soon it’s going to cost you even more.
If you haven’t thought about it, you should start considering biking everywhere, even in the winter.
Something to contemplate as you wait on the crammed subway platform this evening: the Toronto Transit Commission is looking to raise fares starting January 1. If the hikes are approved by the TTC board and city council, a single adult token would go up five-cents to $2.70 and an adult Metropass would rise to $131. There is also the possibility of a 25-cent increase on the cash fares (which has been frozen at $3 since 2010) or an additional price hike that would bring the price of Metropasses to $133.75.
Recent NEWS Posts:
- EVENT: Tues, Aug. 12 – Tune-Up Tuesday at College/Shaw Library
- ELSEWHERE: Brooklyn Whole Foods to deliver by cargo bike
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Richmond and Adelaide being prepped for new bikelanes
- NEWS: Canada Post “apologizes” after telling cyclist to “go f-k yourself”, and it’s not nearly enough
- NEWS: Canada Post driver parks in bikelane, tells cyclist recording it to “go f–k yourself!”