One of Canada’s top squash players has died after being hit by a car while cycling in Toronto.
Squash Canada confirmed in a release that Ottawa’s Adrian Dudzicki died from injuries sustained in an accident on Wednesday when a vehicle struck him as he rode his bicycle to the National Squash Academy.
Dudzicki, 23, was born in Latina, Italy, and raised in the Ottawa area. He reached a career high ranking of No. 9 in Canada and No. 136 in the world in 2012.
Star squash player killed in accident on Wednesday
November 21, 2013 by
RECENT NEWS POSTS:
- NEWS: Pedestrian and bicycle-friendly streets are Toronto’s road to good health: Report
- INFRASTRUCTURE: In Rosedale, a trail becomes a dividing line
- NEWS: All road users break the laws, not just cyclists
- NEWS: TTC streetcar hits cyclist on Spadina
- JOB: Cycle Toronto Communications & Outreach Coordinator
- NEWS: Pan Am Games velodrome gets thumbs up from cyclists
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Toronto vows to improve winter bike-lane maintenance
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Self-Righteous Drivers still trying to drive in separated bikelanes.
- Still we ride? Checking out Toronto’s dwindling Critical Mass
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Wellesley West gets separated bikelanes