One of Canada’s top squash players has died after being hit by a car while cycling in Toronto.
Squash Canada confirmed in a release that Ottawa’s Adrian Dudzicki died from injuries sustained in an accident on Wednesday when a vehicle struck him as he rode his bicycle to the National Squash Academy.
Dudzicki, 23, was born in Latina, Italy, and raised in the Ottawa area. He reached a career high ranking of No. 9 in Canada and No. 136 in the world in 2012.
Star squash player killed in accident on Wednesday
RECENT NEWS POSTS:
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Bloor bike lanes delayed, again
- HELP WANTED: 3 Bike Jobs at Evergreen
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Despite drivers supporting it, Tory ready to scrap Bay-Bloor pedestrian scramble
- Garbage truck wrecks posts along Wellesley Street bikelane
- NEWS: Community Bicycle Network Closes Space, to focus on Events and Rides
- DATA: Where Torontonians Bike and Run
- NEWS: Toronto cyclists rally behind pitch for lower speed limits
- NEWS: Toronto cyclists gear up for ‘coldest’ ride
- ELSEWHERE: London is building Europe’s longest bike superhighway
- NEWS: Charge withdrawn against man involved in collision with Toronto city councillor