One of Canada’s top squash players has died after being hit by a car while cycling in Toronto.
Squash Canada confirmed in a release that Ottawa’s Adrian Dudzicki died from injuries sustained in an accident on Wednesday when a vehicle struck him as he rode his bicycle to the National Squash Academy.
Dudzicki, 23, was born in Latina, Italy, and raised in the Ottawa area. He reached a career high ranking of No. 9 in Canada and No. 136 in the world in 2012.
Star squash player killed in accident on Wednesday
November 21, 2013 by
Planet Bike Light Combo
Planet Bike 5 LED Tail Light
RECENT NEWS POSTS:
- NEWS: Hit and run kills cyclist in Milton
- VISION ZERO: A Road Safety Plan for Toronto
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Toronto wants you to plan the future of cycling
- NEWS: Nearby bikeshare station may raise your home’s value
- NEWS: Cyclist dead following 2-vehicle collision on Dufferin St.
- OH YEAH! The Viaduct bikelanes get MORE green paint!
- FACEPALM: City closes Hoskin bikelane for PanAm Games
- OH YEAH! The Bloor Viaduct bikelane gets some green paint
- OH YEAH! Flower-filled Planter Boxes on Simcoe’s Separated Cycle Tracks!
- OH YEAH! Toronto sets 30 km/h speed limit for downtown residential streets