One of Canada’s top squash players has died after being hit by a car while cycling in Toronto.
Squash Canada confirmed in a release that Ottawa’s Adrian Dudzicki died from injuries sustained in an accident on Wednesday when a vehicle struck him as he rode his bicycle to the National Squash Academy.
Dudzicki, 23, was born in Latina, Italy, and raised in the Ottawa area. He reached a career high ranking of No. 9 in Canada and No. 136 in the world in 2012.
Explore more posts like this: . carnage, news, safetyRecommended Lights
Star squash player killed in accident on Wednesday
November 21, 2013 by
Planet Bike Light Combo
Planet Bike 5 LED Tail Light
RECENT NEWS POSTS:
- NEWS: Car Columnist has trouble remembering bicycle turn signals; bitches about it
- NEWS: Toronto cyclists are feeling the construction crunch
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Utility poles installed in middle of Queens Quay bike lane
- NEWS: Toronto cyclists have hearts of gold (still)
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Great new brickwork on Queens Quay multi-use path
- OH YEAH: 5 quick fixes that would bring cycling in T.O. into the 21st century
- HOW TO: Surviving city cycling
- NEWS: 5 myths about cyclists that drivers need to get over
- NEWS: Cycling group lobbies for boost in funding infrastructure outside of downtown Toronto
- NEWS: Cycling routes in Ontario get financial bump