The latest in the never-ending series of subway closures is this weekend and affects the ENTIRE downtown core. Be sure and let your friends know that biking is way better than the TTC, even when trains are running.
Help them out on their first rides if they are nervous.
Getting around the downtown core this long weekend will be a challenge after the TTC announced it would be closing a main section of the subway line to update the aging signal system.The Yonge-University line will be shut down from Bloor to St. George stations on Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Shuttle buses will be running to accommodate riders.
Recent NEWS Posts:
- EVENT: Tues, Aug. 12 – Tune-Up Tuesday at College/Shaw Library
- ELSEWHERE: Brooklyn Whole Foods to deliver by cargo bike
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Richmond and Adelaide being prepped for new bikelanes
- NEWS: Canada Post “apologizes” after telling cyclist to “go f-k yourself”, and it’s not nearly enough
- NEWS: Canada Post driver parks in bikelane, tells cyclist recording it to “go f–k yourself!”