Interesting financial goings-on down at City Hall:
The chair of Toronto council’s public works committee has come up with a way to prevent the Bixi bike-sharing company from swirling down the drain: let another company build fewer toilets.
Councillor Denzil Minnan-Wong’s toilets-for-bikes brainwave was tentatively endorsed by the city’s transportation chief, Stephen Buckley, in a confidential report obtained by the Star. The proposal, Buckley says, could eliminate Bixi’s $3.9 million debt and put the company “on solid financial footing” for the government takeover he is recommending.
Read full story: Toronto Star.
Recent NEWS Posts:
- EVENT: Tues, Aug. 12 – Tune-Up Tuesday at College/Shaw Library
- ELSEWHERE: Brooklyn Whole Foods to deliver by cargo bike
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Richmond and Adelaide being prepped for new bikelanes
- NEWS: Canada Post “apologizes” after telling cyclist to “go f-k yourself”, and it’s not nearly enough
- NEWS: Canada Post driver parks in bikelane, tells cyclist recording it to “go f–k yourself!”