I find this VERY hard to believe. There are WAY more cyclists in Toronto than when I started Biking Toronto in 2006. It would be interesting to see these stats broken down by province, city, etc.
The latest batch of data from Statistics Canada shows no difference in the percentage of Canadians who rode their bike to work in 2011 and 2006.
That number remains unchanged at 1.3 per cent. That works out to 201,785 cyclists out of more than 15 million commuters.
- NEWS: Cycle Toronto’s Ward 15 Group Launches
- OH YEAH: Join Bike Share Toronto’s Social Media Team
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Richmond and Adelaide being prepped for new bikelanes
- NEWS: Canada Post “apologizes” after telling cyclist to “go f-k yourself”, and it’s not nearly enough
- NEWS: Canada Post driver parks in bikelane, tells cyclist recording it to “go f–k yourself!”