So… yes.. this is good. Failing to remain at the scene of an accident is awful and I’m glad this person was charged. BUT.. this happens SO MANY times to cyclists. Cars clip them and then just drive away, leaving the cyclists hurt and bleeding in the street. Even when license plate numbers are recorded and cops track down the drivers… we still don’t ever hear of drivers being charged.
Shui-Fen Chan, 71, was found lying on the sidewalk near Burnhamthorpe Road West and Central Parkway West on June 12.She later died in hospital. Police said she had sustained trauma to her head.A white baseball cap with the letter “B” on it and a bicycle were located a short distance away from where she was found.Michael Kowal, 52, was arrested and charged with failure to stop at the scene of an accident causing death.
Recent NEWS Posts:
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Richmond and Adelaide being prepped for new bikelanes
- NEWS: Canada Post “apologizes” after telling cyclist to “go f-k yourself”, and it’s not nearly enough
- NEWS: Canada Post driver parks in bikelane, tells cyclist recording it to “go f–k yourself!”
- NEWS: Bay Street gets a bikelane! (for one miserable block)
- OH YEAH! Is Bicycling a Form of Preventive Health Care?