The TTC has taken another step closer to taking over the Bixi bike-share program.
On Thursday, TTC board members approved a motion brought forth by chair Karen Stintz for a report on the feasibility and expected cost of integrating the service.
The board will also request that any decision on the Bixi matter be held off until the report is brought to the executive committee for consideration.
In April, city staff recommended the city take over the program and put it under transit’s wing.
read full story: CityNewsRECENT NEWS POSTS:
- NEWS: Cycle Toronto’s Ward 15 Group Launches
- OH YEAH: Join Bike Share Toronto’s Social Media Team
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Richmond and Adelaide being prepped for new bikelanes
- NEWS: Canada Post “apologizes” after telling cyclist to “go f-k yourself”, and it’s not nearly enough
- NEWS: Canada Post driver parks in bikelane, tells cyclist recording it to “go f–k yourself!”
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Toronto Hydro is leading by example
- INFRASTRUCTURE: After waiting a decade, cyclists are taking new bike lanes in style
- INFRASTRUCTURE: The thrills of Toronto’s new Sunnyside Bike Park
- 14 Reasons Why Every Bike Lane Needs To Be A Protected Bike Lane
- OH YEAH! Bike Share Toronto Hackathon & Design Jam