This kind of snuck up on me this year…. is it always in early March?
Anyway, the Toronto Spring Bicycle Show is this weekend! Get yourself to the Better Living Centre, Exhibition Place to all the stuff below, from their press release:
THIS YEAR’S ACTION LINE-UP INCLUDES…
• Mountain Bike Dual Race & Stunt Competition. Featuring BIG air and cash competitions. Some amazing wooden obstacles will
create an awesome stunt and dual race course on the Bike Show Floor. The higher ceiling will mean that air time will reach totally
new levels! Friday night will feature the Pro-only Tim DaSilva Challenge Race. With practice and racing all weekend there will be
non-stop action in the Mountain Bike area! Visit Facebook group “Toronto Bike Show MTB Dual Race & Stunt Comp” for more details.
• The Toronto BMX Jam. The world’s best Professional Pro/Am Freestyle BMX Riders battling for over $20,000 in cash and prizes.
It’s an incredible spectacle. Riding in heats allows this competition to be one of the most exciting in the world.
Saturday afternoon’s Pro Qualifying and the Pro Finals on Sunday afternoon are spectacular events with great stunts.
And don’t miss the Krusher Best Trick Competition, a must-see radical trick showcase after the Pro Finals at 4 pm Sunday.
• Extreme Trials Demonstrations. Watch technical and professional riding skills put to the test on extreme ramps and obstacles.
Extreme Athlete Trevor Bodogh delivers a weekend of heart-stopping bicycle stunt demonstrations on an ‘impossible’ set of obstacles!
• CFO Pro/Am BMX Flatland Freestyle Competition. Many of the world’s best freestylers perform their most radical tricks.
• New: “Great Lakes Winter Classic” Bike Polo Tournament. First-ever action-packed event featuring road, mountain and hybrid bikes.
• Special Retail Marketplace area where you can make purchases
• Special Manufacturers Showcase area where you can see and learn about the latest innovations in cycling
• Electric Bicycle Exhibitors will showcase the latest technology and products
• Kid’s Entertainment Centre – a special fun area for children (adult supervision required) with Science Professor “WHATS IT”, Bouncing
Castle, Face Painting, Glitter Tattoos & Ballooning by Ladybug the Clown
• The Test Ride Zone – try out the latest street and mountain bikes
• Bicycle Touring – from one-day events to benefit charities, to multi-day trips, to lengthy group cycling tours of
some of the best areas in Canada, the U.S. and abroad, with planned meals and accommodations along the way
• Bicycle Frame Building – discover what’s new and exciting for 2013
• Bicycle Clubs – meet club reps, learn how they can make your cycling more enjoyable and enroll or enter one of their many events.
• Bicycle Giveaways – enter to win a bicycle at the show.
• Free bicycle parking.