Three dandies took a ride on the new “Cyclist Detour” that has been organized by Waterfront Toronto during their Queens Quay redevelopment. It is all part of a larger redevelopment project which involves all three levels of government and a swath of waterfront real estate.
Still, the central portion of Queens Quay is very busy — even during construction. A cyclists detour was suggested during a Queens Quay working group meeting. This suggestion was critical because it was noted that cyclists would ride on the sidewalk on Queens Quay if the road was impassable and that would create dangerous situations for everyone (not to mention bad vibes!).
Read the full post: “Cyclist Detour for Toronto’s Waterfront – Spadina to York” on dandyhorse magazine.RECENT INFRASTRUCTURE POSTS:
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Toronto Hydro is leading by example
- INFRASTRUCTURE: After waiting a decade, cyclists are taking new bike lanes in style
- INFRASTRUCTURE: The thrills of Toronto’s new Sunnyside Bike Park
- 14 Reasons Why Every Bike Lane Needs To Be A Protected Bike Lane
- OH YEAH! Bike Share Toronto Hackathon & Design Jam