Friends and colleagues of a bike courier who was killed after being struck by a cab earlier this week blocked rush hour traffic downtown on Friday, angry that the deceased man’s personal belongings were tossed into the trash by police.
Mike Rankin, 56, was struck by a cab at University Avenue and Richmond Street West on Wednesday. His injuries were initially considered serious but non-life threatening. Police later confirmed that he passed away on Tuesday night in hospital.
Read the full post: “Cyclists protest after bike courier’s belongings tossed in garbage after fatal collision” on CityNews.RECENT NEWS POSTS:
- NEWS: Cycle Toronto’s Ward 15 Group Launches
- OH YEAH: Join Bike Share Toronto’s Social Media Team
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Richmond and Adelaide being prepped for new bikelanes
- NEWS: Canada Post “apologizes” after telling cyclist to “go f-k yourself”, and it’s not nearly enough
- NEWS: Canada Post driver parks in bikelane, tells cyclist recording it to “go f–k yourself!”