A female cyclist and garbage truck collided Tuesday morning at a downtown intersection, leaving the woman with life-threatening injuries.
The 38-year-old woman had been cycling westbound on Gerrard St. E., police said. The collision, shortly before 8:45 a.m., happened at Yonge St. around the time the westbound truck turned right, according to police.
“Right now we have a pretty good idea of what happened,” said Const. Clint Stibbe, adding witnesses and video have helped piece together the crash.
The cyclist remained in hospital Tuesday night with life-threatening injuries but Stibbe refused to elaborate.
Read the full post: “Cyclist hit by garbage truck at Yonge and Gerrard” at the Star .RECENT NEWS POSTS:
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Toronto is moving some Ring-and-Posts, and letting people know
- INFRASTRUCTURE: 15 photos of the stunning new BMX park in Toronto
- NEWS: Foot path at Dufferin Grove Park honours cyclist Jenna Morrison
- NEWS: Cycle Toronto’s Ward 15 Group Launches
- OH YEAH: Join Bike Share Toronto’s Social Media Team