Announcing the details for the 2nd Cupcake Ride of the third season! Hope you can make it out!
Date: Saturday, May 26th
Start: Swirls Cupcakes
4158 Dundas St. West
– east on Dundas St. West to Old Dundas
– then into the Humber Trail
– out to Stephen before tucking back into South Humber Park
– east on The Queensway (bike lanes)
– cross bridge to Martin Goodman Trail east
– all the way to Logon St.
– left on Queen St. to
End: Desmond & Beatrice
750 Queen St. East
I know we can head directly to the Martin Goodman Trail from the Humber Trails, but in this political climate, it would be nice to show all the weekend drivers that there are indeed a LOT of cyclists that utilize bike lanes. So that’s why I’ve planned for us to ride on the Queensway.
If you are planning on TTCing out to Swirls (this part of Dundas West can be a bit bike unfriendly – despite the bike lane on Dundas West over the Humber River by Lambton Park), I would suggest taking the subway to Royal York Station and then ride north on Royal York Road. This portion of Royal York Road doesn’t have bike lanes but the bike map shows it as a ‘Suggested On-Street Route’.
• Sorry gents! This ride is for girls only!
• Please check out my ride rules prior to the ride!
• You can RSVP at the Facebook event page!
The Cupcake Ride is organized on a volunteer basis and it is not a professional organization. As such, each of us is responsible for our own safety and well-being during an organized event. The organizer is not in any way responsible for any participant on the trip. However, as a group of friends, we make an effort to look out for one another to the best of our ability.
Upcoming Events on the BikeEvents.TO calendar