A heartbreaking profile of the cyclist tragically killed at Dundas West and Sterling Rd. on Monday.
“To combat bike theft, we’re launching the REGISTER/REPORT/CHECK campaign! The solution to reducing bike theft is to collapse the market for stolen bikes, making it harder for thieves to re-sell stolen bikes, and easier for the police to return stolen bikes to their owners.”
Spacing looks at four bad ideas regarding bikes in Toronto: Create bike-free streets, Make cyclists pay for roads, Licensing cyclists, Make it illegal to park anywhere but official bike parking.
RECENT NEWS POSTS:
The News Cycle is a periodic post which brings together links to news, events and other things which may be of interest to Toronto’s cyclists. If you have an item you would like to see in The News Cycle, please email it to me at joe[at]bikingtoronto.com
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Toronto is moving some Ring-and-Posts, and letting people know
- INFRASTRUCTURE: 15 photos of the stunning new BMX park in Toronto
- NEWS: Foot path at Dufferin Grove Park honours cyclist Jenna Morrison
- NEWS: Cycle Toronto’s Ward 15 Group Launches
- OH YEAH: Join Bike Share Toronto’s Social Media Team