Those of us who regularly mount a mechanical goat and canter through the city, are quite emotionally attached to our rides, much like how other people fawn over their automobiles. Like them, we two-wheel operators also enjoy looking at other people’s rides, and when it comes to books illustrating some of the beauties of cycle history, there’s some lovely ones to be found.
Disturbing news story about an argument at Ossington & Harbord that ended when the driver drove up on the sidewalk to hit the cyclist.
Friends, neighbours and supporters of safer streets are encouraged to meet at the southwest corner of Bloor Street West and Spadina at 7:30 am. The ride will arrive at Dundas Street West and Sterling for 8:00 am where a ghost bike will be installed and a memorial held for Ms. Morrison.
RECENT NEWS POSTS:
The News Cycle is a periodic post which brings together links to news, events and other things which may be of interest to Toronto’s cyclists. If you have an item you would like to see in The News Cycle, please email it to me at joe[at]bikingtoronto.com
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Toronto is moving some Ring-and-Posts, and letting people know
- INFRASTRUCTURE: 15 photos of the stunning new BMX park in Toronto
- NEWS: Foot path at Dufferin Grove Park honours cyclist Jenna Morrison
- NEWS: Cycle Toronto’s Ward 15 Group Launches
- OH YEAH: Join Bike Share Toronto’s Social Media Team