This past Saturday was Toronto’s first Tweed Ride.
It was immensely successful (we estimated about 200 people showed up) and this will be an annual event. We kept hearing again and again how much fun everyone had and how they can’t wait until next fall when we do it all again (and hopefully bigger and even better).
If you missed the event (or even if you were there, looking dashing and lovely in your tweedy best), you’re probably interested in seeing videos and photos from the event. This post is for you.
The next video is also from Xander… of the massive tall bike (complete with propeller) on the ride. :) It has a funky soundtrack, that somehow mashes Tweed with the 1970s. haha.
After the ride, we all stopped at Dovercourt House (on Dovercourt, north of Bloor) and parked our bikes at the BikeValet provided by the Toronto Cyclists Union and Autoshare, and proceeded to have dinner and a swinging 2-floor party.
Here’s a video of Tweedsters and Swing Dancers cutting a rug to “Sly Blue”, a swing band from NYC.
Finally, there are hundreds and hundreds (maybe thousands) of photos out there of the absolutely astounding fashion on the ride. Here’s a few from our TweedRideTO Flickr Group:
If you’re looking for more photos, you can find them just about everywhere:
- Dandyhorse Magazine: Bowlers, bow ties and bikes: Tweed Toronto Ride
- Dandyhorse Magazine: Bike Spotting at Tweed Ride Toronto
- BlogTO: Photos of the Toronto Tweed Ride
- Toronto Tweed Ride Facebook page
- Toronto Tweed Ride Facebook Photo Album
- The Grid TO: Snapshot – Tweed Ride Toronto
- Torontoist: Spotted: Tweedy Bike Riders
- Photojunkie: Tweed Ride Toronto