This post is courtesy of Paul Young of the Public Space Workshop:
If you have tried to get to the Brickworks or Rosedale Valley Road by bike or on foot you know the challenges. This workshop will highlight work underway to improve connections and it will identify additional priority improvements. If you want to learn more or have ideas please come! It is open to all.
This is an invitation to a workshop for those with an interest in improving walking and cycling connections in the Lower Don Valley – between communities, the trails and the Brickworks. Please feel free to invite others. Note the boundaries are roughly Moore Ave. to Queen St. along the lower Don Valley . Surrounding councillors have been invited.
We have a range of stakeholders including Ward cycling groups, former members of the Don Task Force, City staff from Transportation, Parks and Public Health. It would be great if you can come too.
Connecting Communities, Trails and the Brickworks . . .
Come to a workshop to:
1. Learn about trail connection work already underway
2. Learn about and discuss other opportunities to connect communities to the Don Trail
Tuesday June 28, 2011
- Open House at 6:30 P.M.
- Workshop 7:00 – 9:00 P.M.
- Estonia House, 958 Broadview Ave.
- (just north of Chester Hill / Browning) in the “ Crystal Room ”
- City of Toronto trail planners
- Various ward-based cycling representatives
- Interested hikers, walkers and other trail users
- Elected representatives have been invited
- Unfortunately bicycle parking is limited. There is a low fence at the northwest corner behind the building or rings a block south.
- Building is fully accessible from the north side entrance.
- Transit is available on Broadview Ave.
For more information: email: email@example.com or call Shah at (416) 596-1495 ext.245
Organized with support from the Ontario Healthy Communities Coalition
|comments powered by Disqus|
Upcoming Events on the BikeEvents.TO calendar