It’s been a while since we sent out a Weekly Wrap-Up, but it’s about time since spring is … um… springing, and people are jumping on their bikes more, and oh yeah, Bixi Toronto starts next week!
New on the Blog:
- Showing off an I Bike T.O. Shirt Winner!
- Video of the Sweet Ride: Cupcake Edition
- Photos from the Sweet Ride: Cupcake Edition
- Toronto’s Newest Bike Shop Helps Regent Park Youth
- The Bixis are Coming! The Bixis are Coming!
- The new Bixi Toronto website has launched!
- Jarvis Bikelanes have only produced “slight” delays on car traffic
- Public Works Committee Kills Fort York Bridge
On the Member Blogs:
- Sci-fi Super Bikes (and a little History too) [Duncan’s City Ride]
- Riding the Trails with Your Dog [Duncan’s City Ride]
- These Prices are Bananas! [Joe Bikes]
Links shared on our Facebook Page
(if you haven’t already, join over 900 other Toronto cyclists in “LIKING” our Facebook page to always get the freshest info)
- Dandyhorse Magazine Facebook Page
- Save The Fort York Pedestrian Cycle Bridge
- Need to borrow a bicycle? Bixi launches in May – thestar.com
- Complete Streets: An Interview with TCAT’s Nancy Smith Lea « Spacing Toronto
- Group Rides – www.clayandpapertheatre.org
A sample of links shared on our Twitter Account
- Brand new BIXI bikeshare rack in Kensington http://t.co/P0HQEPF
- Great article by @meslin on Beverley-Queen intersection and making new developments bike path friendly. :) Jogging on Queen Street: Let’s get creative on bike route 35 | Mez Dispenser
- RT @curbsidecycle: DID YOU KNOW you can get a free Cycling handbook in 17 different languages? Curbside Cycle
- RT @dandyhorse: We want to know about you & your biking ways. Latest Bike Spotting: Bike Spotting DIY | dandyhorse
- Interesting article on #Bixi RT @bikeboy999: Don’t forget about racks being full on Bixi trips. http://t.co/nqr0H3n
- RT @wholegoals @bikeunion: Don’t forget to apply to join our board! Looking for energetic & motivated individuals 2011 Annual General Meeting – Call for Nominations! | Toronto Cyclists Union
- The TCAT Complete Streets Forum starts tomorrow! :) Complete Streets Forum 2011 | Toronto Coalition for Active Transportation
- Storm’s a ragin’! Get some handy advice on biking in rain (via our How-To page: How To | Biking Toronto )
- RT @nicedriveway: Yay!! RT @fuzzz Bixi Station at King/Spadina
Wed, Feb 24: Come to the Toronto Bike Awards!