After a winter of no information, a message on Bixi’s facebook page is announcing that the system will start transforming Toronto’s downtown on May 3rd!
We are proud to announce in collaboration with the City of Toronto that the official launch of the BIXI Toronto program will take place on May 3, 2011, with 1,000 bikes, 80 BIXI stations, and 1,500 docking points in the Toronto’s downtown core!
For more information on the program, visit the toronto.bixi.com website.
The Bixi website does not seem to be updated about this news yet, but I assume it will be soon.
What are you looking forward to most about BixiTO?RECENT NEWS POSTS:
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Toronto is moving some Ring-and-Posts, and letting people know
- INFRASTRUCTURE: 15 photos of the stunning new BMX park in Toronto
- NEWS: Foot path at Dufferin Grove Park honours cyclist Jenna Morrison
- NEWS: Cycle Toronto’s Ward 15 Group Launches
- OH YEAH: Join Bike Share Toronto’s Social Media Team