Duncan has switched up his gear set-up on his Marin Hamilton 29er, moving from a single speed to an internal gear hub, and tells us about it… from why he decided to do it to how he went about choosing what hub to go with, with help from Hoopdriver:
After one week and a couple hundred kilometres I’m really enjoying the gearing options of the 8-speed hub. Being so used to a singlespeed I find myself sticking to just a few of the gearings, often forgetting that I can switch to higher or lower gears. However, when I do remember the options make the few hills on my daily rides far more enjoyable, both riding up and down.
Recent NEWS Posts:
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Richmond and Adelaide being prepped for new bikelanes
- NEWS: Canada Post “apologizes” after telling cyclist to “go f-k yourself”, and it’s not nearly enough
- NEWS: Canada Post driver parks in bikelane, tells cyclist recording it to “go f–k yourself!”
- NEWS: Bay Street gets a bikelane! (for one miserable block)
- OH YEAH! Is Bicycling a Form of Preventive Health Care?