Alarming news out of the Don Valley… a series of bridges constructed by off-road and mountain bike cyclists are being sabotaged… with the clean lines of a sawzall saw being evident:
Timothy Charles, founder of the Toronto Off-Road Biking Association, said the supporting beam of the bridge appears to have been deliberately cut partway through in several places that couldn’t be seen by anyone crossing above.
The damage put the structure at risk of collapsing, which could have caused serious neck injury, broken bones or worse, he said on Sunday. He warned cyclists to be on their guard.
“Never cross any structure unless you’re sure of its safety,” Charles said.
The bridge is one of several spanning gullies on the hillside of the ravine near Overlea Blvd. and Thorncliffe Park Dr.
Be careful out there.
Recent NEWS Posts:
- EVENT: Tues, Aug. 12 – Tune-Up Tuesday at College/Shaw Library
- ELSEWHERE: Brooklyn Whole Foods to deliver by cargo bike
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Richmond and Adelaide being prepped for new bikelanes
- NEWS: Canada Post “apologizes” after telling cyclist to “go f-k yourself”, and it’s not nearly enough
- NEWS: Canada Post driver parks in bikelane, tells cyclist recording it to “go f–k yourself!”