Breaking news from last night… Yvonne Bambrick, who has been Executive Director (and recently the Director of Communications and Events) of the Toronto Cyclists Union, is stepping down from her position:
Dear friends and colleagues,
It is with great excitement that I pass the full leadership of the Toronto Cyclists Union over to our Advocacy and Operations Director, Andrea Garcia.
This may come as a surprise to you, but this is a transition that has been in the works for some time. I’ve always believed that once you’ve built a foundation, you trust in the wisdom of others to make a sound structure. I decided earlier this summer that it was time for me to explore new opportunities, but I knew it was important to have a stable and steady organisation to get us through this election period. So I made a commitment to the board and staff that I would maintain my role as Director of Communications throughout September and October and step down after the election, regardless of the outcome.
I have enjoyed every step of the way and deeply respect the committed folks with whom I’ve had the opportunity to work. I look forward to seeing where the bike union goes from here. Although I’m stepping down from my leadership role, you can bet I’ll still be around supporting the bike union at events, on rides, and at City Hall for important votes. Hope to see you there!
Happy Riding, Yvonne! Thanks for all your great work with the Bike Union.
Recent NEWS Posts:
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Richmond and Adelaide being prepped for new bikelanes
- NEWS: Canada Post “apologizes” after telling cyclist to “go f-k yourself”, and it’s not nearly enough
- NEWS: Canada Post driver parks in bikelane, tells cyclist recording it to “go f–k yourself!”
- NEWS: Bay Street gets a bikelane! (for one miserable block)
- OH YEAH! Is Bicycling a Form of Preventive Health Care?