You know something good is happening when regular Torontonians start making graphics that support people signing up for Bixi Toronto.
The graphic to the right (designed by Cristina Matei) is appearing all over facebook today… encouraging people to sign up for Bixi Toronto and bring economical public bike rentals to Toronto. You can click it for a full-size version.
It’s working in London, Paris, Lyon, Brussels, Copenhagen, Minneapolis, Washington DC, Montreal… and it’ll work in Toronto.
Current annual sign-up numbers are sitting at just over 750, according to Bixi’s facebook page.
Have you signed up yet? It’s $95 (+HST = $107.35) for an entire year! That gives you unlimited free rides for an entire year (as long as your trip is less than 30 minutes).
There will be 1,000 Bixi bikes sprinkled all over the downtown core (click for map) at 80 Bixi stations… all between Bloor, Jarvis, Lake Ontario and Spadina. The perfect transportation option for downtown zipping around.
Check out our Bixi Toronto Information Page for more info!
- NEWS: Cycle Toronto’s Ward 15 Group Launches
- OH YEAH: Join Bike Share Toronto’s Social Media Team
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Richmond and Adelaide being prepped for new bikelanes
- NEWS: Canada Post “apologizes” after telling cyclist to “go f-k yourself”, and it’s not nearly enough
- NEWS: Canada Post driver parks in bikelane, tells cyclist recording it to “go f–k yourself!”
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Toronto Hydro is leading by example
- INFRASTRUCTURE: After waiting a decade, cyclists are taking new bike lanes in style
- INFRASTRUCTURE: The thrills of Toronto’s new Sunnyside Bike Park
- 14 Reasons Why Every Bike Lane Needs To Be A Protected Bike Lane
- OH YEAH! Bike Share Toronto Hackathon & Design Jam