Bixi Toronto has announced they’ve reached the 800 mark for annual subscriptions! Already 80% of the way to 1000 sign-ups needed by Nov. 30 in order for the system to launch in May 2011.
Interested in how fast the 800 member level was reached? We’ve been keeping track:
- July 29: Bixi Toronto has 100 Members already! (100/day)
- July 30: UPDATE: 150 Sign-Up for Bixi Toronto (50/day)
- Aug. 2: Bixi Toronto passes 200 Members! (25/day)
- Aug. 11: Bixi Toronto Passes 300 Members (11.1/day)
- Sept. 1: Bixi Toronto hits 500 Memberships (9.5/day)
- Sept. 22: Bixi Toronto reaches 600 Memberships (4.7/day)
- Sept. 28: Bixi Toronto has signed up 700 people! (16.67/day)
- Oct. 8: Bixi Toronto reaches 800 Annual Subscriptions (10/day)
Have you signed up yet? It’s $95 (+HST = $107.35) for an entire year! That gives you unlimited free rides for an entire year (as long as your trip is less than 30 minutes).
There will be 1,000 Bixi bikes sprinkled all over the downtown core (click for map) at 80 Bixi stations… all between Bloor, Jarvis, Lake Ontario and Spadina. The perfect transportation option for downtown zipping around.
Check out our Bixi Toronto Information Page for more info!Wed, Feb 24: Come to the Toronto Bike Awards!