They need to sign up 1000 by Nov. 30… so they’re already 60% there, however there is still concern that we won’t reach 1,000 subscribers:
“Our biggest problem is that people think [Bixi] is already happening, so they don’t need to sign up. We’re also struggling with people who think it’s a good idea, but don’t sign up.” – Sean Wheldrake, City of Toronto
If you’re wondering what the rate of signing up has been – it’s generally been as follows:
- July 29: Bixi Toronto has 100 Members already! (100/day)
- July 30: UPDATE: 150 Sign-Up for Bixi Toronto (50/day)
- Aug. 2: Bixi Toronto passes 200 Members! (25/day)
- Aug. 11: Bixi Toronto Passes 300 Members (11/day)
- Sept. 1: Bixi Toronto hits 500 Memberships (10/day)
- Sept. 22: Bixi Toronto reaches 600 Memberships (4.7/day)
There are 69 days between now and November 30th… and if that 4.7 memberships/day rate holds, we’ll be at 924 come November 30th.
That’s bad news. We HAVE to get that over 1000!
Have you signed up yet? It’s $95 (+HST = $107.35) for an entire year! That gives you unlimited free rides for an entire year (as long as your trip is less than 30 minutes).
There will be 1,000 Bixi bikes sprinkled all over the downtown core (click for map) at 80 Bixi stations… all between Bloor, Jarvis, Lake Ontario and Spadina. The perfect transportation option for downtown zipping around.
Check out our Bixi Toronto Information Page for more info!
|comments powered by Disqus|