Here’s a fun rundown of everything going on over the next 7 days!
Wed, Aug. 11:
- Wednesday Wheelie Ride
- This week’s Wednesday Wheelie is a 71 or 86 km ride from Courtice through the Durham Drumlins to Bowmanville for lunch. Meet for an 8:30 a.m. departure at the Community Centre in Courtice. To get to Courtice, exit Hwy 401 eastbound at interchange 425, (C.R. 34/Courtice Rd.) Drive north just past Hwy 2 and turn left into the Courtice Community Centre. For more information call Bill Hannaford 416-482-2125.
- Green Drinks Toronto
- A jovial mix of environmental professionals and Torontonians interested in the environment + a few pints (or non-alcoholic drinks!) = A relaxed and agenda-free evening of enviro-meeting and greeting.
Sunday, Aug. 22:
- RONA MS Bike Tour – Niagara
- Tens of thousands of cyclists have taken to their bikes at the RONA MS Bike Tours. Some ride with friends, family, or form a team with coworkers. Some are looking for a new fitness challenge or a different way to see Ontario’s beautiful countryside. No matter why they ride, all participants in the Tours come away with the knowledge that they are making a real difference in the lives of people affected by multiple sclerosis.
- Cyclebetes Mississauga Community Ride
- As our National Relay Team passes through cities and towns across Canada, Cyclebetes will be incorporating local community rides. This is where all the locals of all ages and all riding abilities can join in the ride, whether it be for 2km or 200km. We have celebrations and family fun in the park for the kids, along with speeches, prizes and more!
Know of other events going on this week? Share them with BikingToronto readers in the Comments below.