Here’s a fun rundown of everything going on over the next 7 days!
- Great Waterfront Trail Adventure
- The Great Waterfront Trail Adventure (GWTA) is an 8-day fully supported bike tour of the entire Waterfront Trail from Niagara to Quebec. You ride at your own pace, we transport luggage to the overnight campsites located in host waterfront communities. The 2010 hosts are Niagara-on-the-Lake (July 3rd); Hamilton, Pickering, Cobourg, Picton, Ivy Lea, Johnstown and Cornwall. The GWTA is limited to 250 riders and we welcome both experienced cyclists (there are 4 century rides) and recreational riders who never dreamed they could ride all day for eight days and love it. There is a registration cost but no fund-raising, and you can sign up for one or all eight days. This is the best way to explore Ontario’s Great Lake waterfront. People from all over Canada and the US participate.
Tues, July 6th:
- SoDa Bikes: Ward 30 Advocacy Meeting
- Want to make the streets of Ward 30 and the City a better place to bike? Have ideas of improvements to cycling infrastructure that you’d like to see implemented? Then join the meeting on July 6! SET BUG (South East Toronto Bicycle User Group) and SoDa Bikes: Ward 30 (South of Danforth) will be holding their monthly advocacy meeting at BikeSauce.
Wed, July 7th:
- Wednesday Wheelie Ride
- This week’s Wednesday Wheelie is a 73 or 87 km ride from Hornby to Glen Williams or Belfountain for lunch. Meet for an 8:30 a.m. departure at Hornby Park. To get to Hornby Park exit Hwy 401 at Interchange 328, Trafalgar Rd. Go north to the lights, turn left and proceed to Hornby Park. For more information call Bill Hannaford 416-482-2125.
Know of other events going on this week? Share them with BikingToronto readers in the Comments below.Wed, Feb 24: Come to the Toronto Bike Awards!