Here’s a fun rundown of everything going on over the next 7 days!
Wed, July 21:
- Bixi Toronto Launch Party
- A party for the launch of Bixi Toronto, featuring food, drink, Bixi bikes to try, annual membership sign-ups!
- Wednesday Wheelie Ride
- This week’s Wednesday Wheelie ride is a 74 or 103 km ride suitable for Tourist class riders from King City to Caledon East (or Bolton) returning through Kleinburg. Meet for an 8:30 a.m. departure at the municipal parking lot located at the northwest corner of King Road and Keele St. (Entrance off Keele St. North of King Road). For more information call Bill Hannaford 416-482-2125.
Thurs, July 29:
- Art Spin
- Art Spin is a bicycle led, guided art tour of Toronto’s west end art district. Each tour will consist of visits to art galleries, art performances and artist’s studios. Each outing will feature guest tour guides, be they curators, arts administrators or artists, who have a strong sense of the pulse of the city’s art scene. This interactive and exciting community based art event will allow participants to experience art by established and emerging artists in unique settings, with performances, installations and other site-specific works prepared specifically for each Art Spin outing; each tour has a unique itinerary.
- Critical Mass Toronto
- Critical Mass is a group ride that happens on the last Friday of every month. It generally has no discernable leader or plan, just an intent to ride together, either as a ”bike party”, political protest, or pro-cycling activity. It is an event that is held in cities all over the world.
Know of other events going on this week? Share them with BikingToronto readers in the Comments below.