Bixi is a low cost public bike sharing system that will be launched in Toronto in May 2011. The system will feature 80 “stations” throughout downtown Toronto with a total of 1000 bikes available for rent. Any bike can be picked up at any station and dropped off at any other station – allowing for quick low-cost trips around downtown Toronto.
The rates to use Bixi Toronto are forecast to be:
- $95 for an annual membership
- $40 for an monthly membership
- $6 for a daily membership
With this membership, the first 30 minutes of any trip are absolutely free – with additional costs starting after the initial 30 minutes.
Be sure and “LIKE” the Bixi Toronto page to let everyone know that you support Bike Sharing in Toronto.
- INFRASTRUCTURE: 15 photos of the stunning new BMX park in Toronto
- NEWS: Foot path at Dufferin Grove Park honours cyclist Jenna Morrison
- NEWS: Cycle Toronto’s Ward 15 Group Launches
- OH YEAH: Join Bike Share Toronto’s Social Media Team
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Richmond and Adelaide being prepped for new bikelanes
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Toronto Hydro is leading by example
- INFRASTRUCTURE: After waiting a decade, cyclists are taking new bike lanes in style
- INFRASTRUCTURE: The thrills of Toronto’s new Sunnyside Bike Park
- 14 Reasons Why Every Bike Lane Needs To Be A Protected Bike Lane
- OH YEAH! Bike Share Toronto Hackathon & Design Jam