What a tabloid-esque headline for a biking story!
Yesterday, the Executive Director of the Toronto Cyclists Union, Yvonne Bambrick (I think she’s also the Director of Communication and Events, but I don’t know if she’s made the switch yet) received two tickets for riding her bike down the middle of Jarvis. She now has two $110 tickets — one under the Highway Traffic Act for failing to drive in a marked lane and one under the municipal code for not keeping both hands on her handlebars.
It should be noted though, that Yvonne was doing it for a good cause… trying to take photos of what NOT to do. Maybe next time she’ll park her bike and take photos while walking across a crosswalk. Stuff like this just provides fodder for the Sun and their readership.
Kudos to Yvonne for trying to get photos like this though:
Recent NEWS Posts:
- EVENT: Tues, Aug. 12 – Tune-Up Tuesday at College/Shaw Library
- ELSEWHERE: Brooklyn Whole Foods to deliver by cargo bike
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Richmond and Adelaide being prepped for new bikelanes
- NEWS: Canada Post “apologizes” after telling cyclist to “go f-k yourself”, and it’s not nearly enough
- NEWS: Canada Post driver parks in bikelane, tells cyclist recording it to “go f–k yourself!”