Happy Friday! Here’s some good links of all the new and popular stuff from the past week!
(if you don’t already get this in your email, but would like to – you can sign up here)
The Latest on the Main Blog:
- Toronto Cyclists Handbook is Launching – Friday, June 4th
- The Last Thing Toronto Needs is More Cyclists
- Photos & Video: 2010 BikeMonth Group Commute
- Toronto’s Bike Plan Switches Gears
- Cycling Events This Week: May 31 – June 6
- How to Join Toronto’s Group Commute Tomorrow – Monday, May 31.
- UPDATE! Photos and Video from the 2010 Bells on Bloor Ride
- George Smitherman Releases His Transportation Plan
- WWF wants you to Pin It for the Planet
Most Popular Content on the Site this week:
The Last Thing Toronto Needs is More Cyclists (Main Blog)
I explore the idea that the label of “cyclist” limits the promotion of cycling as a regular, normal and accepted method of transportation.
My Bike Commute (Bikeroo in TO)
Bikeroo straps a video camera to his head and takes you on his bike commute!
Toronto Bikelanes Map (Maps)
Toronto’s first and best online map of our bikelanes! Use this to plan your ride (or discover new ones!). More Maps in our Maps section.
Toronto’s Bike Plan Switches Gears (Main Blog)
Toronto Cycling Staff decide to spend 2010 intensifying bikelanes and infrastructure in the downtown area, instead of pursuing longer bikelanes out in the suburban areas of the city.
Did you miss the 2010 edition of Bells on Bloor, or want to re-live the experience? We got the stuff.
Coming in 2011: 1000 bikes scattered around downtown ready for rental. Buy a ~$80 annual membership and your first 30 minutes are free. Pick them up anywhere, drop them off anywhere!
Social Cycling: Go Green, Go Dutch, Go Bike! Toronto 2010 (Duncan’s City Ride)
Duncan checks out the Dutch way of getting around, right here in Toronto!
Every day I hear Bells on Bloor (Duncan’s City Ride)
Duncan’s photos from the ride of 1500 cyclists across Bloor St.
Charges Against Michael Bryant Have Been Dropped (Main Blog)
Charges dismissed to a low likelihood of getting a conviction.
All street furniture is being removed from the G20 security zone for the June 25-27 Summit, including bikeposts.
New on the Photo of the Day:
(click the photos to see larger versions)
New on the Cyclops Blog (NEW!)
- CYCLOPS at Bike 4 Betty
- TO Bike Month Group Commute + Yumm
- Bells on Bloor: The Lyrics
- Less gas, more ass. Let’s all make a Critical Mass!
New on Duncan’s City Ride:
- 416CycleStyle’s West Side CycleStyle Story
- Covet: Retrovelo Frame Bag and TATO Commuter Bicycle
- Karen Stintz, Ward 16 “I will bike to work more regularly”
- When Worlds Collide
- Scenes from Toronto’s Group Commute – May 31, 2010
- Social Cycling: Go Green, Go Dutch, Go Bike! Toronto 2010
- Every day I hear Bells on Bloor
- These Kids Biked to School in Brooklyn, You Should Bike to Work
- Short Flick Friday: Unlocked (2005)
New on the BikeMonth Blog:
- Upcoming BikeMonth Events (June 4 – 10)
- Upcoming BikeMonth Events (June 3 – 9)
- Pre-Bike Month
- Upcoming BikeMonth Events (June 2 – 8)
- Photos and Video from the 2010 BikeMonth Group Commute and Pancake Breakfast
New on Bikeroo in TO:
New on Velo T.O.:
New on Joe Bikes:
New on the Fletcher Five:
Want to get the Weekly Wrap-Up in your email every friday? Enter Your Email Here.
Recent NEWS Posts:
- EVENT: Tues, Aug. 12 – Tune-Up Tuesday at College/Shaw Library
- ELSEWHERE: Brooklyn Whole Foods to deliver by cargo bike
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Richmond and Adelaide being prepped for new bikelanes
- NEWS: Canada Post “apologizes” after telling cyclist to “go f-k yourself”, and it’s not nearly enough
- NEWS: Canada Post driver parks in bikelane, tells cyclist recording it to “go f–k yourself!”