This isn’t an anti-bicycle initiative… security preparations are removing all street furniture from the area: bikeracks, benches, bus shelters, even young trees because they fear things could be used as weapons.
Just make sure you don’t have your bike locked anywhere on the streets within the security zone (essentially south of Queen St. between Spadina and Yonge.)
Recent NEWS Posts:
- EVENT: Tues, Aug. 12 – Tune-Up Tuesday at College/Shaw Library
- ELSEWHERE: Brooklyn Whole Foods to deliver by cargo bike
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Richmond and Adelaide being prepped for new bikelanes
- NEWS: Canada Post “apologizes” after telling cyclist to “go f-k yourself”, and it’s not nearly enough
- NEWS: Canada Post driver parks in bikelane, tells cyclist recording it to “go f–k yourself!”