Happy Friday! It looks like it’s going to be a great warm (for March) sunny weekend the next couple of days. Get out there on two wheels and enjoy it!
Here’s your BikingToronto Wrap-Up for this week:
(if you don’t already get this in your email, but would like to – you can sign up here)
New on the Main Blog:
Bad behaviour by some cyclists make us as a whole look bad. I’d rather take a bit longer to get to work by stopping at red lights and not thinking I’m the most important thing on the road, and really don’t understand any cyclist who thinks differently. (read more)
The great staff at the City of Toronto recently sent out information about submitting events to be included in the official BikeMonth calendar, so I’m sharing it with all you fine people because you may be thinking about planning an event for BikeMonth this year. The deadline for event submission is Thursday, March 25th. (read more)
New on Duncan’s City Ride:
- Share the Road Coalition Green Paper
- Eyes on the Road, Hands on the Wheel
- Do Pedestrian Crossings Make for Safer City Cycling?
- 416cyclestyle Toronto Cycle Chic Search – Spring Moments
- Marcus Gee is a Winter Cyclist and Darn Proud of it!
- The Least Expensive Winter Cycling Accessory You Need
- Toronto Spring Bicycle Show – No Commuter Cyclist Options?
New on Joe Bikes:
New on the Hub:
- Here’s an example of Wiki Maps
- User Generated Bicycle Route Maps 2
- User Generated Bicycle Route Maps
- Boston’s Future Lies In Moving Away From The Car
New on the Photo of the Day:
- Summer is Coming
- Blue Skies on Spadina
- Red Ball on King Street
- Massey Hall
- Silver Velomobile
- Red Dress
- Winter on the Toronto Islands
- Can this bike lane get more fans than Rocco Rossi?!!
- Choosing bike components
- Ward 29 Bikes 2009 Year (and a bit!) in review
- fun/pretty rides in and around Toronto
- Leslie to the Lake corridor
- Complete Streets Forum 2010
- Folks, a rusty steed is a friend indeed – even in winter
- Non-Arterial Bike Lanes – Where would yours go?
- Rebuilding Dukes Is there a ‘culture war’ looming in this mayoral race?
- Bike lanes an election winner for Rossi