Happy Friday! Today is a cold one! The good news is that April starts next week!
Here’s all the stuff you’ve seen (or missed) in the past week!
(if you don’t already get this in your email, but would like to – you can sign up here)
In The News:
- Mississauga is planning to install 600 km of new bikelanes and paths over the next 20 years
- Mayoral candidate Rocco Rossi wants to relegate bikelanes to sidestreets, but insists he’s not right-wing politically.
- The City of Toronto is looking for participants for a College Street Cycling Survey.
New on the Main Blog:
The City of Toronto is working with the Toronto Coalition for Active Transportation (TCAT) and the Clean Air Partnership (CAP) to evaluate cycling conditions on College Street before and after the installation of a new bicycle pavement marking application – and we need your help.
I updated the Bikelanes Map to make it as current as possible. I added a link to Michael Holloway’s excellent and popular Toronto/GTA Bicycle Route Mapping Wiki blog – which compiles user-submitted cycling routes around Toronto. I added a “RideTheCity” page with an embedded version of RideTheCity’s Toronto page. The RideTheCity mapping function isn’t the best (some routes are a little wonky), but it’s pretty good and there are plans for improvement)
New on the Bike to Work Blog (NEW!):
New on Duncan’s City Ride:
- ‘Dragon’s Den’ lands Modrobes back on Queen Street West
- Retire Your Ride – Trade Your Old Car for Bicycles, Transit Passes and More
- Should an IQ test be added to driver’s evaluation?
- Rick Mercer at the Toronto International Bicycle Show
New on Joe Bikes:
- So Bad It’s Funny. Hummer in a Hybrid Spot
- Raw Video of the Bloor Viaduct Off-Ramp
- The Streets of San Francisco, 1905
- Count: Early Spring Rise
New on Toronto/GTA Bicycle Route Mapping Wiki:
- Dufferin Subway Station to Dufferin and Steeles
- Dufferin and Steeles to Yonge and Eglinton
- Oakfield and Royal York to Humber Bay Park via The Martin Goodman Trail
New on Michael Holloway’s Blog:
- Any Map Making Application will Do*
- Mapping Wiki getting to the point where we need a List
- Bicycle Route Mapping Wiki gets it’s First Contribution!
New on the Fletcher Five:
New on Bikeroo in TO:
New on the Hub:
New on the Photo of the Day: